Friday, November 19, 2004

Kissy face

One more quick note on Condi Rice and I'll leave it, I promise.

Um, did you see the sloppy one the goofy Texan planted on her cheek the other day? Gag me with a spoon.

The Washington Post noticed and published an interesting column in today's paper, asking just what a professional man should do when he wants to congratulate his female couterparts with whom he is close. Good question, really. Discuss amongst yourselves...

Oh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SpongeBob SquarePants!

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
SpongeBob.

Raise your hands if you're happy the Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie is finally out!

What?? No hands?? Come on -- how bad can it be if just a few kids learn what "porous" means. Plus, he goes to work at a place called the Krusty Krab and Sponge Bob and his purple starfish friend get rescued by Baywatch hunk (and German rockstar) David Hasselhoff. Admit it, that's funny.

Whoa, man, Thanksgiving is fast approaching isn't it? Ahhh, I love this time of year, and I'm certain that's because I don't have to worry about not being ready. We're still packing around to various family Thanksgiving holidays, thus releaving me of any cooking/cleaning duties. I'd love to be able to offer some housewifey tips on staying sane, cooking and setting tables, but apparently I haven't grown up that much...

That's not to say I'm not anxious. I cannot wait for the new U2 album, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, to be released on Tuesday. If I was cooking and cleaning and entertaining this holiday, I'd certainly be doing it to the sounds of Bono and his band.

Errrr, rats. I can't resist. OK, here are some Turkey day tips --
Set the table a day ahead
Do any remaining baking, including that apple pie, the day before.
Pick up turkey dummy!

If you're not into over-stuffing yourself, try filling up on veggies first. Eat healthy throughout the day!
Buy the new U2 album and rock out while cleaning dishes.

And, drum roll please, my number one tip: Be thankful for everyone around you, and most certainly make time to be thankful for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home